Best Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers in California
It’s safe to assume that no one would ever choose to enter rehab. After all, going off to treatment means leaving your family, your job, and your friends for an extended period. That said, there comes a time when you are more than ready to choose a little bit of inconvenience in order to gain your life back.
Since going to rehab is a reality for many, it helps to have some idea of which rehabs do their job best. It is smart to take the time to peruse various rehab settings, their services, the treatment philosophy, and the amenities offered.
If you are seeking the best rehabs in California, this will be a helpful resource to help guide your next steps.
What Makes a Rehab Stand Apart from the Others?
When searching for the very best rehabs in California to fit your needs, you may wonder what features to look for. Print this list and keep it handy so you can ask the right questions when you start researching treatment programs.
Ask the representative these 11 questions:
- Do you offer on-site detox? Programs that offer medical detox on-site offer convenience and a smooth transition to treatment.
- Does your program utilize evidence-based treatments? The program should offer therapies that have been clinically studied and shown to be effective for addiction treatment.
- How do you protect client privacy? Ask them what measures they take to ensure personal data is kept private and confidential. Ask if they accept cash payments.
- Are your clinicians fully licensed? The rehab should employ a team of licensed addiction clinicians. If the program offers dual diagnosis treatment, ask if they have a psychiatrist on staff.
- Is the rehab licensed and certified? The residential treatment facility should hold current state and local licenses, and be CARF and/or Joint Commission accredited.
- Does the rehab have strong leadership? The center should be well maintained and managed, and be clean and organized.
- How do you cultivate a positive and respectful culture? The treatment facility should have a supportive staff and a positive environment.
- Are treatment plans personalized? A quality treatment program offers custom treatment plans and case management support.
- Does your rehab include a family program? The program should encourage family involvement.
- Do you assist with aftercare planning? The treatment program should offer aftercare guidance, such as arranging sober living or outpatient care.
- Do you have an alumni program? Ask what kinds of activities and resources they provide for alumni after discharge.
Benefits of a Luxury Rehab
It’s hard to argue with the many advantages a luxury rehab offers. Receiving life-saving care while in the lap of luxury is a win-win. Some of the benefits of luxury treatment programs include:
- Deluxe accommodations. The finest treatment centers are often located within a beautiful private estate. With a limited number of beds, it allows the treatment staff to offer more personalized attention to clients.
- Beautiful scenery. Combines the healing effects of nature—coastal, valley, mountain, or desert settings—with a high-end treatment program.
- Confidentiality. Private luxury rehabs tend to prioritize client confidentiality. Rest assured that your privacy is a top concern.
- Licensed treatment staff. Expert licensed therapists and addiction specialists are fully trained to utilize the most effective treatment methods.
- Spa-like services. Clients prefer a luxury rehab because of its resort-like amenities. These might include infrared sauna, massage, pool and spa, yoga, and acupuncture.
- Recreation. Luxury rehabs often include outdoor activities in their programming, such as hiking, water sports, and cycling, and an on-site gym.
- Gourmet meals. Premier rehabs cater to a finicky clientele. Therefore, expect to have an on-site chef that provides gourmet meals.
The 8 Best Rehabs in California
When seeking the finest treatment programs in the state of California, you may find yourself overwhelmed with so many choices. We have curated this list of eight superb luxury rehab centers in California for your consideration:
- Montecito Rehab by Capo by the Sea (Dana Point, CA)
- Rehabs Malibu by LifeSync Malibu (Malibu, CA)
- Elevate Wellness Center (Pasadena, CA)
- Serenity Knolls (Forest Knolls, CA)
- Seasons Malibu (Malibu, CA)
- Paradiso Recovery (Camarillo, CA)
- Villa Oasis (San Diego, CA)
- Luxe Recovery (Los Angeles)
What to Expect at a Luxury Rehab
A high-end exclusive rehab offers a medley of upscale features. This is what sets a luxury treatment program apart from a standard rehab. They are smaller in size, and often set in a private estate within a beautiful location. Because the scale is more intimate, the patients enjoy very personalized care.
Luxury detox and rehab centers blend clinical treatment with holistic methods. The tailored treatment plans address each patient’s recovery needs and encompass a range of treatment elements. These include:
- Medical detox. A medical detox provides medical support and encouragement. Withdrawal symptoms are closely watched, and meds are provided to ease discomfort. Detox takes 5-14 days on average, based on the substance involved and the person’s substance use history.
- Psychotherapy. Evidence-based therapies guide patients toward forming new healthy thoughts and behavior patterns. The sessions allow the patient to identify maladaptive behaviors and then learn how to make needed changes.
- Small group sessions. Peers share their personal struggles and feelings regarding their own addiction journey. A licensed addiction counselor introduces topics and facilitates the discussion.
- 12-Step. Recovery meetings available through SMART Recovery or A.A. programs are often integrated into treatment.
- Holistic methods. To enhance the treatment results, holistic methods are woven into the program. These are activities that promote reflection and relaxation and may include massage, infrared sauna, mindfulness, yoga, and art therapy.
- Aftercare. Most luxury treatment programs offer aftercare services, keeping the patient engaged in their recovery efforts once treatment has ended. Aftercare may include sober living housing, joining a 12-step group, and outpatient services.
Don’t sell yourself short when it’s time to check in to treatment. You deserve to best rehab experience, so go ahead and pamper yourself.
Montecito Rehab Provides Luxury Addiction Treatment in California
Montecito Rehab is among the best rehabs in California. With top-tier addiction treatment expertise coupled with deluxe accommodations and spa-like amenities, your recovery is launched in style. For more details about our program, please reach out today at (888) 910-9780.