By the time you finally decide to tackle a substance use disorder, you are probably totally worn out. Being in an active drug or alcohol addiction takes a heavy toll on every single facet of a person’s life. Career, finances, relationships, physical health, and mental health have all been impacted in one way or another.
When you begin the process of selecting a rehab, one of the “must haves” on your needs list is a rehab with private rooms. The last thing in the world you want is to have to share a bedroom with a complete stranger. For one thing, you aren’t exactly feeling social, and for another, you just need your own personal space.
Benefits of Rehabs with Private Rooms
So, what is so special about finding a rehab with private rooms anyway? Why does it even matter where you sleep, as long as you are getting the help you need?
Actually, having your own private room while in treatment is very special. The rehab setting is a bustling, busy place. There are non-stop classes, meetings, therapy sessions, and activities. This highly structured environment is vastly different from your home life, which can be stressful.
Some of the benefits of having a private room include:
- To get rest. What if you need a solid eight hours of sleep a night and you end up with a night owl for a roommate? Having your own bedroom allows you to enjoy peace and quiet so you can get the rest you need.
- To have quiet time to reflect. Each day of treatment involves some sort of therapy. It is helpful to have a private bedroom where you can spend some quiet time reflecting on what you learned that day.
- To practice your spirituality. Most people who follow a spiritual path enjoy a period of solitude to spend in prayer. They may have brought some spiritual reading materials to rehab that they can enjoy in the quiet of their room.
- To de-stress from treatment. Going through detox and treatment is exhausting. Your body is trying to get used to the absence of the substance, and your mind is in knots from all you are being taught. Having a private room allows you a chance to practice meditation, yoga, or deep breathing to help bring down stress levels.
About Luxury Rehabs
You are likely to find private rooms at upscale treatment centers. These are located in a private homes, so they are a more intimate setting in which to go through treatment. You may be drawn to the luxury rehab option for many reasons, especially the comfort and self-pampering you will enjoy.
In addition to the private bedrooms, here are some more benefits of staying at a luxury rehab:
- Accommodations. The accommodations at luxury rehabs will be top-notch. The center will be located at a private estate that is furnished with the finest décor. The private rooms boast fine linens, and some have en-suite bathrooms. The grounds will offer beautiful scenery or views, and a pool and spa.
- Confidentiality. Private luxury rehabs are dedicated to protecting client privacy. They take every step needed to ensure client’s personal data is fully protected.
- Amenities. The luxury rehab resembles a premier spa or retreat. They offer services like massage, acupuncture, aromatherapy, infrared sauna, and yoga classes.
- Premier dining. A gourmet chef addresses your unique dietary needs, such as a vegan or keto diet, and uses fresh, organic ingredients.
Treatment at a Rehab with Private Rooms
Going through rehab in the lap of luxury is great, but what about the actual treatment program? The luxury niche has to live up to its image. This means it will ensure that clients receive customized treatment plans and high levels of personal attention. The treatment program will be based on a blend of evidence-based therapies, education, and holistic activities.
Here is what to expect in treatment:
- Detox. Recovery begins with a supervised detox by trained providers who will oversee and manage withdrawal symptoms using various treatments.
- Psychotherapy. Evidence-based psychotherapies, such as CBT, DBT, and CM guide you toward making needed changes in your thoughts and behaviors.
- Group sessions. Small groups are led by a licensed counselor who will guide them in the discussion. During these sessions, the group is encouraged to share their personal stories and share their feelings.
- Recovery curriculum. The elements found in A.A. and SMART Recovery are woven into the program to some extent.
- Holistic therapies. Because going through treatment can be very stressful, the program will include a menu of holistic activities that reduce stress. These might include art therapy, mindfulness, equine therapy, yoga, or journaling.
- Aftercare. Most luxury rehabs offer aftercare services, which can help the individual continue to engage in their recovery efforts. These may include sober living housing and outpatient therapy.
Improving Wellness in Recovery
Rehab prepares you for transitioning back to normal life. There is a huge emphasis on developing healthy routines and habits in recovery. This is because taking care of yourself makes you stronger and more resilient, which strengthens recovery.
Here are some of the ways to improve wellness in recovery:
- Stress management. Some effective stress reducers for your daily self-care include:
- Mindfulness exercises.
- Guided meditation.
- Nutrition. Make it a daily habit to eat healthily. Include lean proteins, nuts and seeds, leafy greens and fresh fruits, and whole grain bread and pasta.
- Social support. Be sure to nurture new sober friendships, as these will become part of your sobriety support team. Having sober friends also offers plenty of socializing, which prevents loneliness and boredom.
- Improve sleep quality. Make it a daily priority to get at least seven hours of quality sleep. Stick to a nightly schedule so your body begins to set itself to expect to wind down and rest.
- Exercise. Be sure to make regular exercise a top priority, as it benefits both physical and mental health.
Montecito Rehab Luxury Treatment With Private Rooms
Montecito Rehab is a leading luxury treatment center. If you desire a rehab with private rooms, give us a call today at (888) 910-9780.